Thursday, December 01, 2005

Skin and bones

Enough with the skinny-arse trend already! Actresses and socialites alike, all skin and bones. I don't know a trophy wife that doesn't have an eating disorder - and it just feels so 90's! But we have so much to live up to, we're supposed to have the life everyone else is dying to have. People look up to us, want to be us - what pressure! When you're rich, you can eat quality healthy food and have personal trainers, dietists and stylists surrounding you at all times. If you're a rich and fat woman - you're a disgrace to the (rich) mankind. Your husband can, and likely will, find someone better (read: thinner).

Fat people disgust me too, naturally. I'm just as obsessed in my mind to personify perfection. But I also want to be able to distinguish physical differences between a woman and a teenage boy on heroin. I like the T & A!
I'm not naturally thin. I have to pass up a lot of yummy things to look this hot. I'm lazy with my personal trainers, whom I switch more often than most change underwear anyway, so I never get into a routine.

Two years ago, I got on a strict diet after I'd seen old pictures of me when I lived in Australia. Ok, we played around on the beach all day there. Volleyboll and sun does wonders! But in the U.S., where the national dish is 'anything deep fried', I had to really be careful. The strict diet made wonders, but hubby (then boyfriend) forced me off it.
"I won't marry a skeleton", he said completely serious. "Stop this insanity!"
I did. Hubby took me out to steak dinners and kept track of how much I ate. Knowing hubby cared for my health AND dug my curves, I could begin eating without guilt-issues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would agree with you on any kind of issue, but this once I do! Fat people are lazy and that's why they are fat.

macattack said...

I don't entirely agree with you on this one, anonymous. Fat people are lazy and poor. It's a combination between the two that leads to the obese fatness.

Anonymous said...

Macattack and anonymous, you forget one descriptive---NASTY!!! who wants to cuddle up to someone who actually eats three meals a day?? Breakfast, lunch, dinner...it's disgusting!!! I, too, despise fat people. They make me want to throw up after every meal!